South Florida local libraries offer free online help to those who need assistance with their children’s homework.
Some libraries provide in-person tutoring services. SAT prep is often accessible in libraries.
Generally, all that is required to create an online account is your personal library number. Obtaining a library card is simple and free. Some libraries accept applications online.
Help with homework is sometimes made available to students of all ages, including university students.
Palm Beach County Public Library
- On the library website, select the “Research” icon at the top of the homepage
- Scroll down and select “Education”
- Select tutor.com homework help
- Sign in, or create an account
- Under the logos at the top left, select “Home”
- Scroll and select the topic you’re interested in
- If you would like to connect with a tutor, select “connect with a tutor” under the topic you need assistance with and fill out the form
Information on obtaining your library card is available by online.
Miami-Dade County Public Library
Information is available through the library system’s Homework Help & Tutoring Program:
- Online or in-person tutoring information is featured on the library website
- Free science, reading and math tutoring for kindergarten through 12th-grade students who reside in Miami-Dade
- For more information, call 305-375-1413 or 786-988-6817 for Spanish speakers
- Or email [email protected]
Broward County Public Library
The Broward County library system offers the Brainfuse program.
- Tutoring for student of all ages is available from anywhere by typing in your library card number or an Instant eCard; this is free. The website uses digital white boards and other on-screen devices for interactive exchanges with youngsters, teenagers and adult students. The free service is offered every day from 2.-11:55 p.m.
- Brainfuse also has online employment assistance, including guidance for writing resumes, links to resume templates, and a professional resume critique
- Other Brainfuse service freebies include test prep for high school equivalency or U.S. citizenship, and Microsoft Office proficiency help. There’s an eParachute feature that aims to help you discover the college majors and careers that match your skills and interests