Defective water heater started fire at an Osceola County resort

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. – According to Osceola Fire Rescue, there were no casualties as a consequence of a fire that broke out late on Saturday night at a resort in Osceola County. Multiple agencies were sent to the scene to assist.

Firefighters believe that a defective water heater in the bathroom area of a unit on the first floor at FantasyWorld Resort was the cause of a fire that broke out at around 9:45 p.m.

A press release said that in addition to OFR, personnel from the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office and the Kissimmee Fire Department were present at the incident. The fire was restricted to a single apartment, but firemen reported that other units nearby were affected by smoke. Despite the fact that all of the building’s tenants had been evacuated, crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire.

In a statement, it was said that the management of FantasyWorld Resort was working with people who were displaced to make sure their needs were met.

There was no additional information provided.

Jordan Collins

Jordan is an experienced editor with years in the journalism and reporting industry. He loves talking with the community about the problems local residents face and state politics. You can find him in the gym almost every day or see him jogging.

Related Articles

Back to top button