COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. — Naloxone, a medication that may save a person’s life, will be made available by the Department of Health in Collier County in an effort to lower the number of fatalities caused by drug addiction.
The Department of Health in Collier County has announced that free Naloxone (Narcan) Nasal Spray Kits are now available. The kit contains two nasal sprays of Narcan, each of which can be used even in the absence of a qualified medical professional.
If you want to get a kit from the Department of Health in Collier County, you must meet the eligibility requirements listed below:
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Individuals who are at risk of experiencing an opioid overdose
- Caregivers or others who may witness an opioid overdose
Within minutes after its administration, the medicine known as naloxone is capable of reversing the symptoms of an opioid overdose by restoring a patient’s normal breathing and consciousness levels.
The following sites are offering the kits:
- Naples: 3339 E. Tamiami Trail, Naples, 34112
- Immokalee: 419 N. First Street, Immokalee, 34142
Those who make requests for kits will get educational materials, referrals, and connections for substance abuse intervention.