Broward County, Florida – SR 824/Pembroke Road in Broward County, FL, will be temporarily closed for traffic starting from 6:00 pm on August 12, 2023, concluding at 11:59 pm on August 15, 2023. This closure is necessitated by scheduled maintenance activities at the railway crossing. Should there be a need for an extension, the closure might persist until August 16, 2023.
The key objective of this temporary disruption is to safeguard the workforce engaged in refurbishing the FEC railway crossing located to the west of US-1. Given this work’s impact on routine traffic flow, motorists are advised to consider alternative travel routes.
For those intending to travel westbound on Pembroke Road (SR 824), the diversion is as follows:
- Commence with a left turn (South) at US-1.
- Proceed to make a right turn (West) onto Hallandale Beach Blvd.
- Follow with another right turn (North) at I-95.
- Finally, utilize I-95 exit 19 to rejoin Pembroke Road.
For eastbound travelers on Pembroke Road (SR 824), the recommended detour is:
- Begin with a right turn (South) onto Dixie Hwy.
- Take a subsequent left (East) at Hallandale Beach Blvd.
- Conclude with a left turn (North) at US-1, leading back to Pembroke Road.