Sunrise Middle School temporarily evacuated
Fort Lauderdale, Florida – According to Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue officials, on Thursday, a gas leak at Sunrise Middle School has been secured.
Thursday morning at the school at 1750 NE 14th St., the gas leak led to a temporary evacuation of students and staff members.
Crews from Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue, Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue, and Hollywood Fire Rescue responded to the campus and took about 30 minutes to secure the leak.
After the area was determined to be safe, all students have since been allowed to return to class.
Officials did not confirm what led to the gas leak.